Big Boyz Head Porting  

One of the major upgrades is the transmission. I purchased a 98 Roadking transmission with the built in oil tank. As shown earlier in the thread I also have a 2005 5 speed gear set with the late style 2000 and up hollow shift drum and roller detent. All the 2005 guts will go into this case. It will also allow the use of an electronic speedometer.

To mount this transmission in the frame a couple of frame cross supports will need to be relocated. This will be part of next winters rebuild.

For the last couple months I have been watching eBay for a stock shovelhead FXR exhaust. Since the FXR shovel was only available for 2 years it has proven difficult to find. I was lucky to find one just after it was listed and it had a "buy it now". I couldn't click that "buy it now" fast enough.

The exhaust came in today. The 2 heat shields for the top of the pipes came with it. In a box of parts that came with the bike I found a stock black crossover heat shield. The black heat shield was Harley's way of hiding the crossover pipe. There is also a heat shield for the front pipe where it connects to the muffler. Bean had one at the shop so now I have a complete stock 1983 FXR shovelhead exhaust for the build.

To Be Continued ...... Check Back

** Terms Of Use **